1 the first known nerve agent, synthesized by German chemists in 1936; a highly toxic combustible liquid that is soluble in organic solvents and is used as a nerve gas in chemical warfare [syn: tabun]
2 a rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element; brittle at low temperatures but liquid above room temperature; occurs in trace amounts in bauxite and zinc ores [syn: gallium, atomic number 31]
3 a state in southeastern United States; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War [syn: Georgia, Empire State of the South, Peach State]
Ga or GA may refer to:
In geography and demography:
- Ga District, Ghana, a former district of southern Ghana.
- Ga language, the language spoken by the Ga people.
- Ga people, an ethnic group of Ghana.
- Gabon (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code: GA), a nation in west central Africa.
- Georgia (U.S. state) (U. S. postal symbol: GA), a Southern U.S. state.
- General American, an accent of the Midwestern USA.
- Geographical Association, a UK organisation dedicated to the teaching of geography.
- Geologists' Association, a UK organisation of amateur and professional geologists celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2008.
- Irish language (ISO 639-1: ga), or Gaeilge, the original language of Ireland.
In science and technology:
- Gallium (Ga), the element of atomic number 31.
- Gauge, an engineering term with various meanings.
- General anaesthesia.
- General Atomics, an American nuclear physics and defense contractor.
- General Availability, the final software development stage.
- Genetic algorithm, an optimization technique in computer science.
- Genetic Alliance, a coalition of more than 600 advocacy organizations.
- Geoscience Australia, a geoscience agency of the Australian government.
- Gestational age, the age of an embryo/fetus.
- Gibberellic Acid, a plant growth hormone.
- Giga-ampere (GA) or Gigampere, an SI unit of electric current (equals 1,000,000,000 A).
- Gigaannum (Ga), a unit of time equal to 1,000,000,000 years.
- Tabun (nerve agent) (NATO designation: GA), the first nerve agent chemical weapon to be discovered.
GA can also refer to:
- General assembly, an official session of the members of a union, church, association, or similar organization.
- G. A. Kulkarni (1923-1987), an Indian author.
- Galaxy Angel, a 2001 animated television series with an associated game and manga.
- Gamblers Anonymous, a support group for recovering gamblers.
- General Assistance Governmental aid frequently issued to homeless and mental-health patients, for temporary and long-term assistance.
- General authority, a governing body of approximately 100 men in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon church).
- Germantown Academy, the oldest nonsectarian day school in the United States.
- Girls Aloud, a British pop group created from the talent show Popstars: The Rivals.
- Go Ahead an acronym used in chat programs.
- Go-Ahead Group plc a rail and bus operating company.
- Go Ahead Eagles, a football club from Deventer, Netherlands.
- Google Analytics, a free service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to a website.
- Greening Australia, an Australian conservation organization.
- Grey's Anatomy, a comedy / medical drama television series running since 2005.
- Gridiron Australia, national sporting body for American Football in Australia.
- Groove Armada, an electronic music group from the UK.
GA in Czech: GA
GA in German: GA
GA in Estonian: GA
GA in Modern Greek (1453-): GA
GA in Esperanto: Ga
GA in Basque: GA
GA in French: GA
GA in Korean: GA
GA in Italian: GA
GA in Latin: GA
GA in Lithuanian: Ga
GA in Dutch: Ga
GA in Japanese: GA
GA in Norwegian: GA
GA in Polish: Ga
GA in Portuguese: GA
GA in Kölsch: GA (Watt ėßß datt?)
GA in Finnish: Ga
GA in Swedish: GA